JOB TITLE: JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Location: Elmsford, New York
Renowned Gift and Home product design firm based in Westchester County, New York (40 minutes from Manhattan) seeks a Junior Product Development Specialist to add to its established product development team. We are looking for talented, bright and creative individuals to join our team. You must have a passion for creating new product ideas from concept to completion.
The ideal candidate has a creative spirit with a passion to learn all that the home products / giftware industry has to offer. Must have a great sense of style, be a strong communicator, be very detail-oriented, with a desire to start or redirect a career in the home decor and/or giftware industry. If this sounds like you ....YOU are the Junior Product Development Specialist we seek!
- Manage assigned product collection and act as primary contact for vendors
- Develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in product development
- Maintain collection marketing calendar and ensures milestone dates are met
- Analyze and Identify product assortment needs for buying trips and development
- Be in tune with the division through sales trends and analysis
- Send product developments to vendors and review with creative and design teams
- Create and manage Master List and FileMaker database for assigned collection
- Upload relevant Master List to NetSuite
- Collaborate with Inventory Management in line and repeat item selection for the collection
- Provide contact sheets and copy for catalog production
- Help in proofing catalogs for assigned collections
- Place initial orders and sample orders for new line items in accordance with target delivery dates
- Collaborate with the Quality Control Department and Inventory Management to ensure merchandise meets company quality standards and delivery dates
- Act as an information resource about products for internal departments.
- Participates in Salesman Meeting, trade shows, and team activities
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product development or sourcing. Understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. Some degree of creativity expected. Works under supervision.
- Analytical, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced working in Excel.
Benefits of working here?
We offer a competitive compensation package and the atmosphere is vibrant, engaging, productive and fun!
About the Company
Two’s Company is dedicated to innovation and trendsetting in the giftware industry and prides itself in providing the Global Market with high style fashion, gift and home products at moderate prices. Two’s has evolved over the years into a powerhouse brand in multiple categories and a dynamic sales organization that serves as advocates for our retail partners. Today, Two’s Company has four divisions: the signature Two’s Company Gift and Home décor line, the couture Tozai Home collection of decorative accessories, the whimsical Cupcakes & Cartwheels, and 2 Chic a fashion accessories line.
For immediate consideration please e-mail your resume, salary history/requirements and cover letter to Jeannette Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org