PHOTO PROP STYLIST
The Company: Two’s Company; a leader in the gift & decorative accessory wholesale industry is looking for a Photo Prop + Fashion Stylist to join to our dynamic Catalog Production team.
The Position: As a Photo Prop + Fashion Stylist at Two’s you will have the opportunity to successfully create our vision through photo styling. Taking direction from our VP of Creative & Product Management and our Creative Manager, this position will work to support the company's merchandising strategy by styling and propping merchandise to enhance product and create a visual image that inspires our customers. With a product line ranging from table top, frames, and wall art to bath & body candles, jewelry, scarves and bags, Two’s Company is an exciting place to be!
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Organize, prepare and style a wide range of merchandise to be photographed for catalogs, web, digital marketing, and various other special projects.
- Responsible for ensuring maximum quality still life & on figure imagery representative of product & brand integrity
- Collaborate with photographer to organize workload for the day, to meet daily expectations
- Style product both still life & on-figure shoots while maintaining brand integrity & enhancing customer experience
- Prepare for shoots: set concepts, lighting scenarios, props, merchandise prep, etc.
- Create a cohesive story to sell our product range achieving both merchandising and creative objectives
- Schedule & coordinate on figure shoots & work directly with modeling talent
- Sourcing, maintaining, & selection of all props
- Build and paint sets and props as necessary
- Maintain deadlines and shooting schedules in order to keep catalog production on time
- Research new ideas and trends and propose innovative ideas to drive the business
The Candidate: The ideal candidate has a creative vision; you are an experienced yet “fresh” Stylist with a passion for fashion accessories, home décor and giftware. Editorial styling and art direction in a fast paced, high volume, energetic environment is what drives you. You are a self starter, strong communicator, very detail-oriented, and are inspired by the entire Editorial Production process. If you possess these qualities and thrive in a fast paced environment, we want to hear from you.
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high volume studio environment
- Positive attitude with ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Is comfortable wearing many hats; stylist, set designer, photographer
- Strong on-set styling skills, a good eye for composition and color
- Energetic, creative, and detail oriented
- Able to handle multiple tasks in an ever changing, fast paced environment
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Must be flexible, open to critique and able to follow direction well
- Excellent written and oral communication
- 2 – 5 years experience in Product/Fashion styling, preferably with an emphasis on product photography, home decor and room sets
- Understanding of digital photography production studio pace & efficiency
- Proficient with Mac OS; Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- BFA or comparable degree with a focus on art, design, fashion, merchandising or photography
For immediate consideration please reply with your resume, portfolio link and cover letter to Jeannette Cruz email@example.com.