JOB TITLE: SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Location: Elmsford, New York
Who you must be / What you must have: The ideal candidate has a creative spirit with excellent business skills, a great sense of style, and can drive a product vision to production. They are also a self- starter, strong communicator, very detail-oriented, and have a passion for interiors and the home decor and/or giftware industry. If this sounds like you ....YOU are the Senior Product Development Specialist we seek! As a Senior Product Development Specialist you will successfully take product from concept to commercialization. How will you do this? Through product sourcing, product quality and timely delivery of new products.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the product development of assigned division/collection from concept through production and delivery, including ideas, sampling, costing, testing, ordering, quality, marketing, and delivery
- Create merchandising assortments and pricing strategies with excellent margins and customer appeal. Keep current with costing challenges and understand pricing in order to develop products that achieve appropriate wholesale price and margins
- Create and manage product master for assigned division/collection ensuring the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of all product information
- Daily correspondence with overseas vendors to negotiate pricing, minimums, timelines, and all costs involved in product development. Communicate professionally and effectively to establish and maintain strong business relationships
- Analyze and identify product assortment needs for buying trips and developments that reflect market trends, match customer needs and respond to company initiatives and brand promise
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability
- Manage the timelines, workflow, and milestone dates for product development to ensure deadlines are met and launch dates are on time. Proactively manage potential challenges and come up with effective solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Creative on product developments that meet business needs for quality, aesthetic, pricing, and milestones
- Submit new product developments to vendors and communicate daily on pricing, MOQs, samples, delivery, etc.
- Receive samples from vendors and review in collaboration with Creative to ensure conceptual requirements and direction was executed accurately. Ensure all internal approvals are granted prior to communicating product approvals with vendors
- Ensure product is compliant through initial regulation requirements in product sourcing as well as generating internal testing requests to Product Compliance Team to perform required product testing
- Present and prepare final line reviews to executive management
- Place initial orders and sample orders for new items in accordance with target delivery dates
- Inspect all initial shipments in collaboration with Quality Assurance and Inventory Management to ensure merchandise meets company quality standards
- Participate in the development of sales collateral by providing Creative with product information and editing/proofing catalogs for assigned collections including detailing of all product attributes
- Prepare product marketing videos for assigned division/collection to be used by Sales Team and on our website to promote products
- Contribute to product ideation and maintain a thorough understanding of industry trends and market needs/opportunities through extensive market research, including: competitive analysis, off-site trendspotting, web research, customer feedback, trade show attendance, etc.
- Act as an information resource about products for internal departments
- Travel both domestically and internationally to trade shows, as needed
- Assist the team and management with projects and tasks, as needed
- Participate in sales meetings, trade shows, and team activities
- Minimum 7 years of experience in product development or sourcing. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of Product Development.
- Relies on experience to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude expected. Works under general supervision
- Flexibility and ability to quickly modify focus to achieve objectives
- Analytical, detail oriented, self-starter
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
- Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced working in Excel, knowledge of Netsuite, FileMaker, and AS400 systems a plus
About Two's Company
Two’s Company is dedicated to innovation and trendsetting in the giftware industry and prides itself in providing the Global Market with high style fashion, gift and home products at moderate prices. Two’s has evolved over the years into a powerhouse brand in multiple categories and a dynamic sales organization that serves as advocates for our retail partners. Today, Two’s Company has four divisions: the signature Two’s Company Gift and Home décor line, the couture Tozai Home collection of decorative accessories, the whimsical Cupcakes & Cartwheels, and 2 Chic a fashion accessories line.
For immediate consideration please e-mail your resume, salary history/requirements and cover letter to Jeannette Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org